Website Natgasoline, LLC
JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
The Turnaround Manager’s responsibilities will include implementation and directing the preparation, planning, execution, and closure of all turnaround events for the facility. This role creates significant value by delivering safe, productive, efficient, and effective development of scope, budget, planning, scheduling, field execution, and closeout of plant turnarounds. This position also requires familiarity with and compliance with various practices, codes, standards, and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions and competencies.
• Direct turnaround activities to implement, facilitate, and support the front-end-loading, planning, execution, and closure of the turnaround in accordance with the objectives established in the turnaround scope of work and within the approved cost and schedule.
• Measure and communicate status, barriers, and risk to site leadership through established key performance indicators in the areas of safety, environment, operability, reliability, quality, and cost and schedule adherence.
• Estimate the cost of a turnaround based on the scope of work; adjust plans to meet constraints.
• Prepare accurate monthly cost forecasts for turnaround spending.
• Oversee contracting strategy, vendor selection, and scope assignments.
• Manage overall turnaround priorities and monitor safety, environment, productivity, manpower, budget, and schedule.
• Develop milestones and deliverables based on the portfolio of turnaround events.
• Ensure that all scope is risk assessed against accepted practices and established risk tolerances.
• Ensure the turnaround is planned and executed in compliance with safety and environmental standards and regulations.
• Chair the Turnaround Steering Team and engagement plant leadership
• Site Turnaround Work Process owner
• Coach and motivate the turnaround team to ensure alignment and delivery of the turnaround event objectives.
• Identify and provide leadership to develop, implement, and ensure turnaround improvement efforts.
• Prepare closure reports and communicate to site leadership.
• Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation for the company.
• Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
• Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
• PMG preferred
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
• Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience working in a process plant environment, five (5) of which must be a supervisory position required.
• Proven experience with planning and direct execution of turnaround events preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Extensive and varied experience in plant operations, commissioning and start-up, and the application of engineering principles in a plant environment.
2. Strong analytical, project management, contract management, and negotiation skills.
3. Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
4. Effective verbal and written communication.
5. Alignment with our values of safety, care, accountability, integrity, and teamwork.
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT
• Copy Machine
• Telephone system
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• M-Files preferred.
• Familiar with industry-standard estimating programs
• Ability to lift over 20 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to sit for prolonged amounts of time required.
• Ability to effectively communicate through various means required.
• Some work is performed within an office environment, including office equipment – such as computers, telephones, and copiers.
• Requires consistent fieldwork at times in extreme weather conditions
• Noise levels are typically moderate, but may be at elevated levels when conducting field activities
• Regular 40-hour work week, normal duty hours as assigned
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• May work longer hours to meet deadlines as necessary or to support facility emergencies
• Less than 10% of the time.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Natgasoline reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance with ADA regulations, the employee must be able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall not be made if it constitutes an undue hardship on this organization