Website Natgasoline, LLC
JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
The Senior Production Engineer primarily applies principles, knowledge and practices of Process Engineering and Operations for timely identification, analysis and resolution of process related issues to ensure safe, reliable and cost-efficient plant operations. Utilize current and new industry developments in Operations Management to improve plant performance and reliability. Support the Engineering Manager and work in conjunction with the Operations and Engineering teams in the oversight of the Plant Operations and make recommendations for the improvement of the Operating Procedures and Practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
• Continuously assess the appropriate plant/process monitoring and optimization systems and provide recommendations for improvements.
• Provide support in the oversight of the day-to-day operations of the Plant and make recommendations to the Operations Manager to address any issues identified.
• Routinely review operating parameters with the Engineering team with an aim to making recommendations for operating improvements or corrections.
• Apply best practices in Operations Management to new situations and recommend to the Operations team, solutions to problems that arise.
• Provide Technical assistance/support to the Operations and Engineering teams.
• Participate in and at times lead incident investigation teams for troubleshooting and determining root cause of plant issues/problems.
• Review and recommend changes to the plant “cause and effect matrix” to improve plant reliability and protect plant assets.
• Develop plant modifications for projects within all degrees of complexity.
• Understand and comply with the Management of Change (MOC) process.
• Participate in ‘What Ifs’ and HAZOP studies.
• Stay current with and apply state of the art developments/technologies applicable to the methanol industry, as required.
• Provide necessary support to guide the timing of plant shutdowns and turnarounds.
• Provide expertise on plant shutdown and turnaround activities – planning and execution phases.
• Identify projects, supported with written justification, for inclusion in capital expenditure budgets.
• Recommend and guide in the development of special operating procedures e.g. catalyst reduction, resin change-out, refractory dry-outs.
• Provide support in the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Live up to the key values of the Organization and act accordingly during the whole life cycle of our human assets.
• Present a professional image at all times to co-workers, clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the Organization.
• Be aware and comply with Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Actively seek and pursue development of skills needed to progress in the field of engineering and leadership/management.
• Support and promote a pro-active HSSE culture within the Organization and develop leadership skills in HSSE.
• Ensure and improve effective HSSE management.
• Ensure all HSSE systems and procedures are adhered to.
• Perform compliance audits, as required, and take appropriate action to correct non-compliance and reinforce positive behaviors.
• Provide process engineering support to the Operations Team in the development of guidelines to ensure plant and equipment are operated in a manner that poses no threat to the environment.
• Provide technical support to the Operations Team in the management of the containment and clean-up of spills, ensuring proper handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
• Ensure and improve effective Incident Management Response.
• Ensure all incidents are promptly reported, participate in investigations as necessary and complete assigned tasks within the stipulated time.
• Ensure and improve effective Asset Management.
• Provide engineering support to the Operations Team in the development and routine review of guidelines and procedures to ensure Plant and equipment are operated within design limits.
• Provide process engineering support to assess abnormal Plant conditions and develop guidelines to mitigate and manage these conditions.
• Support full compliance to HSSE related legislation & regulations, corporate requirements and management system(s) (i.e. operating policies and procedures).
• Assist other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
• None required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry required.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Process Engineering or Operations in a Process Plant is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT
• Copy Machine
• Telephone system
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• Proficiency in Distributed Control Systems, Yokogawa experience is a plus.
• Ability to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to sit for prolonged amounts of time required.
• Ability to effectively communicate through various means required.
• Majority of work is performed within an office environment, including office equipment – such as computers, telephones and copiers.
• Requires passing by industrial equipment on way to office.
• Noise levels are typically moderate.
• May require exposure to field.
• Regular 40-hour work week, normal duty hours as assigned.
• May work longer hours to meet deadlines as necessary.
• Less than 10% of the time.