Website Natgasoline LLC
Job Summary / Overview
The Process Engineering Manager will provide effective leadership, instruction, support, and guidance as well as operational and strategic direction to the Process Engineering Department. This position will be required to develop, recommend, and implement improvements to production processes, materials, methods, and controls.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
- Anticipate and develop strategies and projects to improve plant reliability and performance based on industry trends and improved technology.
- Foster a culture of safety and promote safety awareness among the Process Engineering team.
- Review and advise on all modifications that impact the safety and technical integrity of plant and equipment.
- Support the integrity of Process Safety Management (PSM) elements such as Management of Change (MOC) and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA).
- Submit and generate plant performance technical reports monthly and make appropriate recommendations for changes in procedures, or plant and equipment modifications to improve efficiency, reliability, reduce safety hazard and lower production costs.
- Contribute to the general management and support of daily plant operations.
- Prepare, review, and issue reports on the performance and activities of the Process Engineering Department.
- Guide and Mentor Process Engineers.
- Implement strategies for the monitoring of key Plant data to ensure plant operation is within its defined limits and specifications.
- Capability to workday shifts and night shifts as needed to support plant startup, shutdown, upsets, and turnarounds.
- Lead discussions in Plant debottlenecking and resolution of Plant performance issues.
- Represent Natgasoline on technical items that involve third parties such as consultants and clients.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- None required.
Education, Experience, and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or Process Engineering required.
- Fifteen plus (15+) years of experience in process engineering in a process plant environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing process engineering teams, along with a proven track record of organizational and employee development.
- Experience with PSM and its functional application to an operating process plant.
- Experience in Synthesis, Ammonia, Hydrogen, or Methanol plants preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive and varied experience in plant operations, commissioning and start-up, and the application of engineering principles in a plant environment.
- Strong process engineering principles and calculations.
- Strong analytical, project management, contract management and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Tools / Equipment
- Copy Machine.
- Telephone system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred.
- Experience with Yokogawa DCS.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to sit for prolonged amounts of time required.
- Ability to effectively communicate through various means required.
- The majority of work is performed within an office environment, including office equipment – such as computers, telephones and copiers.
- Requires passing by industrial equipment on way to office.
- Noise levels are typically moderate.
- Regular 40-hour work week, normal duty hours as assigned.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- May work longer hours to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Less than 10% of the time.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Natgasoline reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance with ADA regulations, the employee must be able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall not be made if it constitutes an undue hardship on this organization.