Website Natgasoline, LLC
JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
The Controls Manager will provide effective leadership, instruction, support, and guidance as well as operational and strategic direction to the Controls Department. This position will be required to develop, recommend, and implement improvement to production processes, materials, methods as it relates to controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
• Implement strategies for the monitoring of key Plant data to ensure plant operation is within its defined limits and specifications. Provide process controls engineering support to the Operations Team as required.
• Lead incident investigation teams for troubleshooting and determining the root cause of plant issues/problems.
• Guide and Mentor the Process Controls team.
• Contribute to the general management and support of daily plant operations.
• Submit and generate plant performance technical reports and make appropriate recommendations for changes in procedures, or plant and equipment modifications to improve efficiency, reliability, reduce safety hazards, and lower production costs.
• Develop plant modifications for projects within all degrees of complexity.
• Oversee and implement the integrity of Process Safety Manager (PSM) elements such as Manager of Change (MOC) and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA). Lead discussions in the ‘What Ifs’ and HAZOP studies.
• Apply basic project management skills – cost, schedule tracking, etc.
• Prepare, review, and issue report on the performance and activities of the Process Controls team.
• Be up to date with and apply state-of-the-art developments/technologies applicable to the methanol industry, as required.
• Ability to work day shifts and night shifts as needed to support plant startup, shutdown, upsets, and turnarounds. Identify projects, supported with written justification, for inclusion in capital expenditure budgets.
• Represent Natgasoline on technical items that involve third parties such as consultants and clients.
• Develop special procedures that involve process controls knowledge, e.g., alarm management, control philosophy.
• Develop control logics for Distribution Control System (DCS) and Safety Instrumentation System (SIS) (Algorithm, guidance on how to implement)
• Support implementation of CS and SIS logics in Yokogawa Centum VP and Prosafe RS
• Commissioning of new subsystem and integration with Yokogawa UGS via Modbus
• Commissioning of new process modifications systems
• Support operation and engineering team in troubleshooting logics
• Process Optimization
• PID loop tuning, modifying control algorithm based on process conditions
• Develop new Basic and advanced process control schemes to support operation, production, and product quality
• Automation of reports and other operations
• Live up to the key values of the Organization and act accordingly during the whole life cycle of our human assets.
• Present a professional image at all times to co-workers, clients, and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the Organization.
• Be aware and comply with Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Support and promote a pro-active HSSE culture within the Organization and develop leadership skills in HSSE.
• Ensure and improve effective Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) management.
• Ensure all HSE systems and procedures are adhered to.
• Perform compliance audits on SIS systems, as required, and take appropriate action to correct non-compliance and reinforce positive behaviors.
• Provide engineering support to the Operations Team in the development of guidelines to ensure plant and equipment are operated in a manner that poses no threat to the environment.
• Ensure and improve effective Incident Management Response.
• Ensure all incidents are promptly reported, participate in investigations as necessary, and complete assigned tasks within the stipulated time.
• Ensure and improve effective Asset Management.
• Provide engineering support to the Operations Team in the development and routine review of guidelines and procedures to ensure Plant and equipment are operated within design limits.
• Provide engineering support to assess abnormal Plant conditions and develop guidelines to mitigate and manage these conditions.
• Support full compliance to HSE-related legislation & regulations, corporate requirements, and management system(s) (i.e., operating policies and procedures).
• Assist other Departments and other administrative personnel, as necessary.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
• None required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Instrumentations Engineering required.
• Minimum fifteen (15) years experience in Engineering required.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT
• Copy Machine
• Telephone system
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• Centum VP
• Prosafe RS
• Exaquantum PIMS
• Ability to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to sit for prolonged amounts of time required.
• Ability to effectively communicate through various means required.
• The majority of work is performed within an office environment, including office equipment – such as computers, telephones, and copiers.
• Requires passing by industrial equipment on the way to the office.
• Noise levels are typically moderate.
• May require exposure to the field.
• Regular 40-hour workweek, normal duty hours as assigned.
• May work longer hours to meet deadlines, as necessary.